Wednesday, November 24, 2010

thankful...

Lately I have been really thinking of all the wonderful things in my life. Although, spending just as much time complaining. About finances, the stress of two children, keeping a clean house, etc. Normal "mom" things. God has really been reminding me of how much I have, and how my stresses are nothing in comparison to so many. I have been reminded of how so many people are truly suffering right now. I can specifically think of a widow who will be "celebrating", as best she can, this Thanksgiving and Christmas, without her husband and the father of her children. Thinking of those precious boys that will be experiencing the void of their father. I can't imagine the heartache, and I honestly don't even want to think about it. It makes me sick to my stomach. Yet, it is so real for them and real for so many others.

I am extremely grateful that I have those stressful days of raising two children, of cleaning up after a messy husband. I'm sure many would give anything for that.

My challenge for myself is to live with a grateful heart. Praise God for what he has given me, and know that my husband and my children don't belong to me. I will cherish every day I get with them and prayerfully raise my children to bring glory to Him.

I am thankful for my family of four, my husband and my sweet babies.

I am thankful for the rest of my wonderful family. ALL of them! (there are SO many!) Thankful for new life in the Peterson family, in the birth of beautiful Norah!

I am thankful for awesome friends! New and old. I am thankful I can raise my children alongside of some great moms. Thankful for this new generation of children that my own get to grow up with. 

I am thankful for a church who loves God.  Thankful I get to watch this youth group grow spiritually and numerically.

I am thankful that I serve a God who loves me and chose me. I am thankful that He works all things together for my good. Thankful that He loves my children, even more than I do.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving day with your families and friends. 


 

1 comment: